Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, July 18, 2011

Japanese Garden

After the Chinese Garden we went across the bridge to the Japanese Garden. Our first look was of a bunch of tires with Bonsai trees in them. It wasn't very pretty at all and I think all of us were looking for the nearest exit out of there.

AND THEN .........





When we turned the corner and saw the most amazing lily pond! It was blooming and it was gorgeous! My mom is an art lover so I have grown up with art books and art replicas since birth. Turning that corner I felt like I was seeing Monet's lily pond paintings in real life! Honestly, I'm not sure what else was at the Japanese Garden except for the pond.



We sat at the pond for awhile. It was just so peaceful. Jake, my child who is always on the go, says he HAS to come back here to sketch pictures, it's just so great! Seriously, he said that! Natalie quickly replied with what a great idea and she was excited to come back too.





Natalie took this picture of a lily flower. It's one of my most favorite pictures. She also has a nice one of a butterfly on a rock. It was like some artistic spirit just came and invaded my children's minds! I'm not complaining at all! It was fun to see their creativity.


Grey even afforded Grandma a smile. I love all the green around him. Oh, and the Japanese lanterns were also in the garden! The lanterns were okay but I don't know how you can compete with the flowers and the water! Mom took one of me too. Of course I had to smile!



This is Jake on our return trip 2 weeks later. He was so quiet and peaceful. I don't know what he was thinking but he talked non-stop afterwards. The pond wasn't so much in bloom this last time so I need to do some research so we can go when it is blooming again. Even not blooming it was a heck of a good time. It was by far one of my favorite spots in Singapore.


1 comment:

Andrea said...

Beautiful post!! I love all the pictures for sure but Natalie's flower is amazing!

We'll have to get over there soon.