Saturday, May 31, 2008
I also need to post a word of warning about blog stalking. I was meandering through blog after blog when I should have been mowing my lawn. I stumble upon one that says something about explicit content and should not be viewed by anyone under 18. I decide I'm over 18 and I'm really not a prude at all. I can handle this. Afterall it's just a blog and my filters didn't catch it as a no-no, how bad could it be actually?
OMG, I am so a prude and staying that way. That stuff should be rated gazillion X. My eyes are still burning and I am in total shock. I call up my dear husband at work and he says "that will teach you, guess you won't be blog stalking anymore. Is the lawn mowed?"
Well, I'm still blog stalking but I will pay attention to those warnings, they are there for a reason!!! Curiousity killed the cat comes to my mind.
That was Wed. it is now Sat. and my lawn is still not mowed. Bob is home today so maybe he'll go do it. I'm in shock still how can I possibly be able to mow?
Friday, May 30, 2008
So, I started thinking "Laurel, what type of things could be advertised on your blog?" I do talk to myself in the third person alot, I am a geek as stated before. Here is a short list of those things that could be advertised on my blog.
- Axe spray of course
- Spongebob Shows
- Happy pills a.k.a. Prozac
- Gymboree because I'm always shopping there
- Spanx underwear because I should be wearing them
- FOOD-I love food I won't be picky on those advertisements
- Cherry pitters.
- Duct tape----this is multipurpose:
- Wrap up your kids so you know where they are
- Tape the mouth of your incessant talker for a few minutes of peace
- Wrapping presents-My mom actually did this one year!! See why I am such a geek?
- Close the holes around your house
- Fix anything with duct tape-glasses, hoses you name it I'm sure duct tape can be used.
I'm sure there's others. I'll have to update later. But, if everyone 0nly paid 100/month that's 800!!! KACHING. To some that may not seem like alot but that's 800 more then I have now. I'd be able to pay someone to carry around my bags at the boutique.
I LOVE TO DREAM!!
Monday, May 26, 2008
Sunday, May 25, 2008
Saturday, May 24, 2008
Friday, May 23, 2008
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Nothing can beat a nice rainfall except maybe a nice thunderstorm. I love those too. I was scared of them until I was 13 but now I almost crave them. While in Idaho we maybe had 3 thunderstorms in 10 years!!! We get more here in Utah and I love it. I guess I was meant to live here in Utah. I love the smell and the sound of a nice thunderstorm. The rains just seems to remind me to snuggle up and slow down. Sometimes life takes over and you forget to enjoy the little things that make it worth living.
Jake and I are snuggling but instead of a good book I have my blogs. And yes, there is an old man snoring. My husband got called into work last night after a power outage and came home at 6:30 this morning. He is upstairs snoring. I need to get some more work done but it's going to wait for awhile. I need to enjoy this rain and just regroup.
Friday, May 16, 2008
2. Who eats more? We are both really good at eating.
3. Who said I love you first? He did. The first week we met. But since he was still in the Navy we didn't want to be too serious. He still had 3 more years we thought. Then early outs came and he was out the next year.
4. Who is taller? Bob by 4 inches. I don't really like my arm candy to be shorter then me
5. Who is smarter? I think we are about equal but he is better with technology and how to fix just about anything and I'm much better at health related things and how to deal with people.
6. Who is more sensitive? I am but when he gets sensitive it can last for days!!!
7. Who does the laundry? I do because he doesn't fold things right. When he helps though I don't complain.
8. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? He does.
9. Who pays the bills? I do, I'm really good at spending his money.
10. Who cooks more? I cook more now but he use to. He is an amazing cook and I make him cook alot on the weekends.
11. What meals do you cook together? I like to watch him cook and taste things. We cook alot together. When I cook he just automatically takes over. It use to make me mad but I don't remember why. When he cooks Iusually do a dessert and salad. I'm pretty good at those.
12. Who is more stubborn? He says I am but I'm sticking to him being more stubborn. It's a tie.
13. Who is the first to admit they are wrong? Me, But when he admits he's wrong we advertise it FOREVER!!!!!
14. Who is more clean? Me, he thinks I need to relax my standards.
15. Who has more siblings? Me, I have 3 little sisters
16. Who wears the pants in the relationship? I do but we let him think he does. Seriously, I think we are about equal on that one too. He's good at his stuff and I'm good at mine we refer to eachother when we need the others expertise.
17. What do you like to do together? Bob and I do tons of stuff together. Games, walks, vacations, cook, sit on the computer. He's my best friend and when He's not there I look for him to share things with or get his opinion.
18. Who eats more sweets? Me, although he is getting to be worse. He use to NEVER eat sweets when we first got married.
19. Guilty pleasures? Ummm, I don't think I can say that out loud. LOL
20. How did you meet? At a gradutaion party. Bob and I had plenty of opportunities through our lives to meet but never did until that night. It was all in God's grand plan.
21. Who asked who out first? We just started dating. He was still in the Navy and asked me not to date anyone too seriously.
22. Who kissed who first? I think I kissed him first. It's been 16 years and a lot of kisses since then.
23. Who proposed? He did in our first apartment with flowers and balloons.We were so broke but some of the best days of our marriage.
24. His best features? His humor, he makes me laugh. He'd say his hair but I kind of like the whole package. His smile is pretty darn cute too.
25. What is his greatest quality? He likes a challenge. He never gives up and he always tries for more. He has given us a great life. He works hard and still can make me feel like a queen.
I tag Celia, Theresa-you're close enough to married, and Liz-now is the time to start a blog.
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
If you could have 8 of any of the following which would you choose and why? Ear, eye, mouth, or nose. (They didn't mention arms but that would be my first pick for sure!)
This series of books is one of my favorites to read with the kids. I just ordered some for keeps, usually we just borrow from libraries. They are great conversation starters and gives you a whole new look into your child's mind. Even my pre-teen will start talking and somedays that is my biggest chore. It's easy enough for the youngest kids to participate too.
I read in a magazine once that a family read something like this each Sunday and then recorded the answers in a family journal. All the family members said that it was fun looking back and seeing what they use to think about. I have never actually got around to writing them down but we still read some of the questions.
Monday, May 12, 2008
Child Day Care Worker
Administrative Assistant III
Accounting Clerk III
Licensed Practical Nurse
Automotive Mechanic I
I know this is a day late but I wanted to get it on my blog anyway. This is what a typical stay at home mom should get paid. If you are a working mom you should get paid this plus your salary from the other job. WOW!! Somedays I can sit around and spend that money in my mind, it's very easy if you know what you're doing. One of my favorite writers has a book series where moms in the future get paid as professional moms. I think we need to look into that.
Don't get me wrong most days I'm happy with just a thanks or of my own accomplishments and Yes I did choose to do this job. But other days I just want that paycheck and a 10 minute uninterrupted break!! I'd like to shampoo and condition my hair at the same time without someone "needing" me "RIGHT NOW". I'd also like to shave both legs at once, I think my husband would too. I want to eat a candy bar without having to share. Somedays I just want more "atta girls" then I get and maybe the paycheck won't compensate for it but I could try. I like shopping my own personal air(head) mall.
On the other hand, I get to be the one to share the candy bar with those kids with one leg shaved and most likely conditioner still stuck in my hair. The kisses and hugs are good, seeing my kids grow into young caring adults is good. Being able to adjust my schedule is priceless to me. I don't really like working for other people I didn't either marry or give birth to. This motherhood thing may not be my first career choice but it truly is the best job I've ever had. Even if I don't get that $1,001,724 paycheck.
And to any of the working moms I know. YOU ALL TOTALLY ROCK because it's hard enough for me just to do this one job let alone a second one.
Friday, May 9, 2008
Things to remember about Greyson.
- He was born in Idaho at 9 lbs 2 oz and has been growing fast ever since.
- He has one of the best smiles I know of but doesn't always like to show it.
- He loves dinosaurs and dragons.
- He has always been funny but may not always shows it.
- He is so very smart. But he won't brag about it.
- He has played with Legos, Rescue heroes, blocks, cars and even dolls.
- He is the most dedicated friend.
- He always has a hug even if it might embarrass him.
- He once peed in my mom's front yard to the dismay of my sisters.
- He has traveled to Oregon, Nebraska, Chicago, Texas and Washington D.C.
- He will hold the door open for women and other girls.
- He has only had his tonsils and adenoids removed.
- He has only had 3 stitches in his life.
- He is an awesome reader.
- He has 2 cowlicks in his hair and yet his hair looks good, most of the time.
- He is also a very good writer and I hope he writes more stories.
- He's really good at chess
- His imagination is extraordinary. He thinks of things that no 12 year old should.
- He's a good swimmer.
- He has taught me patience and unconditional love.
- He will always chose steak at any restaurant.
- He loves chocolate, especially Ghiradelli.
- He only eats vanilla ice cream.
- He is an all around superb boy and I am lucky to have him as my son. I can not wait to see what life has in store for him.
I am posting a few pics. I just couldn't decide which ones. There are so many stories to go with all of them. 12 years is a long time!! I love you Greyson. Hope you have a very Happy Birthday.
Grey as a newborn. Look at those sweet cheeks. Greyson at 6 months. He was actually 30 lbs. I love all those baby rolls.
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Friday, May 2, 2008
I'm sure you have all been wondering what else May brings besides Memorial day. Lucky for you all that I happen to have a calendar that will tell me all of it. So, here are the Month long holidays and events that May will bring us....
- Asian-Pacific-American heritage month
- Better hearing and speech month
- Clean air month
- Get caught reading month
- National asthma and allergy awarness month
- National bike month
- National mental health month
- National physical fitness and sports month
- Skin cancer awareness month.
So many holidays that I really had no idea about. Days of national recognition include....
- Scrapbooking day on the 3rd- I should try to catch up on Grey's from KINDERGARTEN
- My birthday-oh wait, that's actually Cinco de Mayo
- Tulip day on the 13th- Take time to enjoy nature
- International day of families on the 15th- This one actually sounds fun to make a tradition
- Frog jump day on the 19th-let's all jump like frogs for the day. It will put a smile on my face
- Fork debuted in 1630 on the 25th- SO glad for that one, I'd hate eating without a fork
- Finally my favorite, this may not be international but still one of my favorite days for May is the LAST day of school and summer break!!!!!
Enjoy the month.
Thursday, May 1, 2008
It is just a light dusting but it is MAY 1st for crying out loud!!! Give me spring, I feel like I'm being ripped off. I can't even plant my flowers for fear of frost. YUCK, I want to lay in the hammock and listen to the hummingbirds, I want to tan and have drinks on the deck with Bob after a long day, without coats and blankets. I was being very patient with spring but I can't wait anymore. I WANT IT NOW. Maybe if we all start throwing a fit mother nature will hear us and bring us nice weather. Fit throwing seems to work with my kids.
GIVE ME SPRING!!!