Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Besides all of that we saw the Hannah Montana concert in 3D!!I know you are all so very jealous. So glad that the concert was on TV and I could watch it in the comfort of my own home. We cranked up the TV to make it loud like a real concert and gave the kids root beer and popcorn. They loved the music but it got annoying taking off the 3D glasses when they had those special clips. Here are some pics of the kids dancing around.
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
So, we are finally back from our vacation. We are all worn out and tired but fulfilled. We had a great time and loved spending all that time with both families. Besides being there to watch my sister get married to a great guy we jampacked our days with other activities. It's kind of tradition to put too much into each day and get the most of our families. Here are some of our other vacation highlights.
- Seeing my mom after 2 years. Then later seeing all my sisters, nephews, and nieces after 2 years.
- Trying to surprise my sister that we were there a few hours earlier then she thought. We hid under the stairs in a FEDERAL building waiting for her and she was already out of the building. Figures.
- Real s'mores cooked over a fire in my mom's backyard. This was done with all cousins and both sides of the family atg least once. I forgot how good a real s'more can taste. YUMMY!
- Getting a pedicure and manicure with 2 of my 3 sisters and the maid of honor. It was so nice to have some girl time and chat. Growing up with all girls in my house I sometimes forget how nice a girl chat fest can be.
- Finally getting to eat those fabulous cherry and chocolate candy bars that are called Twin Bings. They don't sell them in our area so I try to get my fill when in Nebraska. I brought home an extra 86 to tide me over for a time.
- My kids catching fireflys. Again, not so much in our area and so the kids had a blast chasing after them.
- Toads peeing on the girls. They were trying to kiss it. I think all 4 girls and even Jake and Korbin tried kissing the same toad that hung around the gardens. No prince charming for them. I told them that I thought it took 20 years or so for the prince to come out of frog form.
- Playing family games. I love games. It is so fun and boisterous at times that it leaves me with a good happy feeling.
- Watching my dad play guitar hero with his grandsons. He loved it so much that he wants to buy the game set himself to play with his wife and he may even be able to train his dogs to play too.
- Eating a great Nebraska fed steak. Nothing can beat that, besides maybe a twin bing.
- Ashton and Jake doing knuckles.
- Korbin deciding it was just easier to start calling everyone "dude".
- Playing volleyball in Liz's backyard and realizing that we have many generations of uncoordinated people. Mom, me, Grey and Colleen. It's a curse but at least we can give others a good laugh.
- The waterpark in Nebraska. I love that lazy river. It is warmed and it is just so lazy. Grey has been going to that waterpark since it was built and was once his favorite memory of Nebraska. It's a tradition to go and we always make time.
- Greyson swimming!!!!! Yep, he finally got into the water. I'm so proud.
- The Omaha zoo. Tiring but seeing the animals and just being with family can't be beat.
- The great conversations we had with all the people in our family. It's so nice to talk face to face and not over the phone.
It really was a great trip with alot more good things that happened. We are glad to be back and will be living up our last few weeks of the summer as best as we can.
Sunday, July 13, 2008
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Mr. and Mrs. Adam Killham as they were being announced. Theresa and Adam, thank you for letting me and my family participate in such a big day for the both of you. We look forward to making many more good memories together. I love you both. You make such a great couple and I can see the love you two have for eachother. My you grow old together on the same pillow.
I have better pictures on another camera so stay tuned for scenes from a wedding. Until then here's one of the Harness family.
Monday, July 7, 2008
I tried taking some night pictures but the kids like to move too much. Grey likes to try and hide from the camera. Natalie can't get enough of herself. Reminds me of someone, not sure who though. It's a chore somedays to take pictures of my family. Once again I forgot to take pictures of Bob and I . We get so busy with the kids that we never remember. We had a good 4th. We just stayed home and watched the firework display on our back deck. Jake could not wait until dark to see the big ones and then he got all scared when they did start. Oh well. That's just the way it goes. Grey decided they were OK. However, he did think it was cool that we could sit on your own deck and watch. I did too because we just put the kids in jammies and had a nice relaxing time. I think this is our most relaxed 4th since Jake was 2. Usually we have people over or are visiting others. This was a nice change. Hope everyone had a happy and safe 4th.
Thursday, July 3, 2008
I spent 30 minutes looking for the camera to take a picture of this. I guess I'm a time waster too.
I need to get started with the laundry so I can start packing for my Sis's wedding. I'm pretty good at packing but I'm no good at laundry. Instead I have the great urge to update my blog. Because as we all know this is so much more important then cleaning or packing.
I have about 20 things I have put off thinking I had plenty of time but I forgot tomorrow is a holiday and Bob is home (why does that make my work harder?). The kids want to go to the pool again but only to get a tiger's blood frazil not really for the swimming. How come I feel like I should take them? We've been 3 full days this week and will most likely drag Bob there tomorrow. So, instead we'll stay home and I'll put them outside to ride bikes or run through a sprinkler because I have way too much stuff that I let pile up and now I have to pay the price.
When did life get so hard? I want a tiger's blood too. Oh well. Off to fold the laundry.