Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Taurus The Bull

The stars tell me that I am a Bull, a Taurus.

Taurus Traits include the light side:

Patient and reliable
Warmhearted and loving

Persistent and determined

Placid and security loving



Or the dark side:

Jealous and possessive

Resentful and inflexible

Self-indulgent and greedy

Now, I don't believe in a lot of this hooey. I do look at my horoscope from time to time and laugh or think about it. According to this ancient tradition my husband I don't mix AT ALL, he's an Aries which makes us both stubborn. Okay, I also get a little jealous but doesn't everyone and not just us Taurus'?


The only thing I think I have in common with my birth sign is that I am like a bull in a china shop!
I have no grace, no delicacy and I am sooo not agile! NOT one little bit. This has never been more abundantly clear to me than the last few months of living here in Singapore. I have had at least one bruise on each part of my body because I have either ran into something, fallen on something or being whacked by something! I am not making this up! I am unable to walk through a regular grocery store aisle here without hitting at least 2 things! And that is on a good day. I am the person they follow throughout the store yelling "clean up, aisle 3".

That's just the grocery store, never mind going to China town where the aisles are half the size of my hips Then I have to walk sideways and hope that I don't knock over any "ancient" artifacts that have been mass produced. Little India is worse, there are so many people there that I am always on someones toes or worse yet hands! I have backed into so many people that half of little India has touched my bum, most as just an innocent bystander. And one day I scared the poop out of a bird while just tripping along the road! That was a smelly clean up. True story for another post.

I can't even get a pedicure without knocking something over like a lamp or falling over something! Just ask Andrea, don't worry she's use to answering LOTS of questions! She can also vouch for my grocery woes. I haven't spilt their tray of color wheels for the pedicures, YET, but I feel it coming on! I also know that it is only a matter of time before the hot tea they give me will find it's way onto the floor, or worse the pedicurist,  because it's me and that's what I do!

My husband and I don't dance together because it's usually me stepping on his toes and getting knees in uncomfortable places. He still wants to dance with me though, just shows how crazy he is! When I tell my husband I'm going to paint he gets out paint smocks for him and the kids! This happened last Valentines day in the U.S. but you can see why he is afraid! I was just painting!

I really wish I had just one little ounce of grace and agility. It can get very embarrassing at times when things are falling all around you and you have no idea why. Or when you come home with a fresh bruise on your hip and your husband asks "what did you run into today?". It's even worse being surrounded by all these delicate and tiny Chinese women and men while you tower over them and stomp on them or run into them. I'm really not trying to hurt them, I just can't move!

Singapore really makes me feel like a Bull! But I'm learning to live with it. As long as I don't get the other dark side characteristics of a Taurs I will be just FINE.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought that was adorable! You are funny!