Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, March 16, 2008

The soundtrack of my life

I love music, just about any kind by anyone. I can't sing worth anything but I still like music. Alot of time while I listen to certain songs I think "gosh, that could be my life". So, today I'm just going to post some of the songs that can define my life at any moment or time. Here we go.....
  • World on a String-Michael Buble, I like all the remakes of this song but I like Mr. Buble's song the best.

  • Having a Bad Day-Blue Flannel (I think) this song is still on a cassette tape!! One of my sister's listened to it over and over on a bad day and I adopted the song. It fits some days.

  • Material Girl-Madonna, Aren't we all just Material girls in a Material world?

  • Another one bites the dust-Not sure who it is by but I have it going through my head when I am getting my to do list to done.

  • Dancing Queen-Abba, this one reminds me of Nebraska and my Grandm. She's not a dancer I just remember listening to this on the way to see her.

  • T-R-O-U-B-L-E-Travis Tritt. I can be trouble and so can my kids.

  • My Stupid Mouth-John Mayer Sometimes I have foot in mouth disease. 'nuff said.

  • I'm a goofy goober- Spongebob and Crew. I think this is self explanatory.

  • Some Days you Gotta Dance-Dixie Chicks because somedays that is all you can do.

  • I will survive-Aretha Franklin? not sure but there are days it becomes more of a mantra.

  • Shout-not the one by Tears for Fears but the Isley Brothers. This one can be good or bad. Shout at my kids, shout for fun, whatever this is a multitasking song!!!

  • Don't Go Away Mad Just Go Away-Motley Crue. Take this one however you want to.

  • Sorry seems to be the Hardest Word-Elton John To make up for the Motley Crue song.

  • If you Wanna be Happy-This is from the Mermaid movie with Cher and Winona Ryder. This song my sisters loved when Bob and I started dating. The main words are if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life never make a pretty woman your wife. Reminds me of a young Bob and Laurel.

  • You've got a friend in Me-Toy Story. For just about any one in my life.

  • London Bridge-Fergie Maybe not the most tasteful song but fun and makes me think of my dear husband. Like I said not the most taseteful.

And finally, from a cartoon (again) Bear in the Big Blue House sings the clean up song. LOVE IT!!! I need to get that put on my itunes. A good quote includes Hey everybody let's clean up the house. Music to my ears. Not all in my home think it is as good. I don't understand it. I think it is Pure Gold!!! LOL.



What about any one else. Do you have music go through your head at all times? I can also at any moment have the Star Wars or Indiana Jones themes go through my head. So, if there is ever a musical about my life you can add those songs too. Go ahead post the songs that go through your mind, help me not feel like a walking jukebox. Go ahead, I tag anyone and everyone who reads this to post the soundtrack to their life.

2 comments:

SILLYA said...

I love anything ABBA-- oh so catchy!! --other than that, it's usually Glen Beck And all of the other voices in my head fighting for to get a word in edgewise!
Great Post!

Krissy said...

'if you want to be happy' was supposed to be my wedding song. jake and i sang that all the time at karaoke. hopefully i will find someone else who can sing that to me with as much class as he did. it can be very endearing.

having a bad day is a great song....i heard it the other day on my ipod..i guess i can give you the cd now that i have it on the ol' pod. there are some other good songs on there too! ohhh blue flannel.

my song right now is 'let it be' the beetles. it goes through my head over and over when i get upset or anxious or whenever really. got to love that one!