Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, June 6, 2008

Why I stick it out on those bad days/weeks

So, last week was one of those bad weeks with my oldest. Anything and everything I said was wrong, even if I agreed with him it was wrong. I was just at the end of my rope at the end of the week. I only had one nerve left and he wanted to get on it. Flash forward to this week and he is my most helpful and wonderful kid/young man. He is asking what cleaning needs done and I think we have only had one argument since Sat. We have also had some great conversations. I so like listening to how he feels and thinks. This type of week makes me feel much better about my parenting skills. I needed it because I'm having one of those weeks with my youngest now. And I'm so hoping he does a turn around also. These good weeks, even if it is just with one kid, makes those bad weeks bearable.

No comments: