Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, September 20, 2008

A lesson from Kermit the Frog


It ain't easy being green. And I don't mean the color green, it would clash with my blonde hair and blue eyes. Plus my kids might think I'm the grinch. Hmm, maybe I could get things done around here then, I'll have to think about that. And I'm not talking about being green with envy. I actually excel at that. I'm talking about being green as in Tree hugger, hippie, Al Gore and saving the environment. This whole save the earth be green is harder then it looks. Here's the story. We started watching this T.V. show with Bill Nye, he's a science guy and because we are raising little nerds around here we watched the show. It's kind of about science but it is more about saving the enviroment and how our everyday products can affect the environment. Some facts from this great show "Stuff Happens" as seen on Planet Green.



  • Every 3 months the entire commercial airline fleets can be remade because of all the aluminum that is thrown away everyday.

  • Bacon is killing Penguins.

  • Toothpaste is endangering the Orangutans.

  • You should not use paper or plastic.

Like I said before, it ain't easy being green. I spent a good 2o minutes in the toothpaste aisle looking for the right type of toothpaste. Even the "organic" toothpaste had the bad chemicals in it. I've looked for free trade bacon and can't find ANYTHING. I guess my neck of the woods is jsut not that into being green yet. It is very time consuming. I don't even have somewhere local to take my pop cans to. I can however get all my paper recycled if I take it down to a dumpster and it isn't overflowing.


I love the show because it gives little advice about how to become more green by changing little things in your home or lifestyle. My kids love this show and are more aware of being green. But getting there is killing me. I have all these tips on becoming more green and I can't find anything here to help me get there. It just ain't easy being green.


We have not inherited this world from our ancestors, Rather we have borrowed it from our children.

Native American Proverb

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

I totally understand! I'm all about doing everything I can to go green, but man! It can be tough! I love to buy organics and purchase things that are earth-friendly, but it can certainly get expensive, time-consuming, and difficult! Good look going green though!

Laurel said...

I'm going to get those swimsuits for you. I keep getting sidetracked and I can't look when the kids are home. I'm glad I'm not the only one having a green problem. It is so time consuming.

Unknown said...

Great post...thanks for stopping by my blog!!